Hypnosis is a therapeutic technique in which clinicians make suggestions to individuals who have undergone a procedure designed to relax them and focus their minds.
Although hypnosis has been controversial, most clinicians now agree it can be a powerful, effective therapeutic technique for a wide range of conditions, including pain, anxiety and mood disorders. Hypnosis can also help people change their habits, such as quitting smoking.
Adapted from the Encyclopedia of Psychology
- Getting absorbed in a book or movie, day dreaming, and driving your car without remembering how you got somewhere is a natural trans state.
- Hypnosis is a natural, yet altered state of mind where your conscious mind is relaxed, so that your subconscious mind can receive positive suggestions.
Our subconscious mind is our imagination and the emotional part of us, so when we use these, we naturally go into a hypnotic state. I use this natural state to help my clients reach their goals. You may be surprised to know that all Hypnosis is self hypnosis. I have been trained to guide you ( Like a Mid-wife ) per sey into a relaxed state of mind, yet you are the one with all the control. While in Hypnosis you are relaxed, calm and peaceful yet fully conscious – you hear everything that is said. You will remember every suggestion. The subconscious mind ( Acts like a Hard Drive on a Computer ) stores all of your emotions, thoughts, beliefs, memories, and experiences about yourself. You will run a google search on your subconscious, pulling up the repressed memories.
Uses for Hypnotherapy
- Eating Disorders
- Smoking Addiction
- Fear of Success
- Control of Anxiety
- Good Health
- Attitude Adjustment
- Weight Control
- Spiritual Exploration
- Nail Biting
- Dry All Night
- Substance Abuse
- Memory/Study Habits
- Insomnia Relief
- Fear of Failure
- Problem Solving
- Behavior Modification
- Achieve Goals
- Sports Attainment
- Fear and Grief Management
- Pain Management
- *Excerpted from “Clinical Hypnotherapy: A Transpersonal Approach – An Educational Guidebook” By Allen Chips, DCH, PhDand buried emotions at the root of your challenges.
- The most fascinating aspect of hypnosis is locating the ROOT CAUSE of a situation and working together to release all the hidden triggers associated with the ROOT CAUSE!!
Each case is unique and all sessions are client centered!!
For more information or to schedule an appointment call 704-287-1738
Everyday and in everyway I am getting better and better!